Highlights of Myanmar: The very best of the Golden Land
Myanmar is one of the most undiscovered destinations of the world. On your journey you will discover ancient pagodas, and experience the genuine local people that will welcome you to this beautiful land.
Cost is subject to class availability and exchange rate, may change without prior notice.
DAY 1: Arrival - Yangon (D)
On arrival at Yangon Airport you will be met by our friendly English-speaking guide and taken to your hotel for check-in. There will be enough time to freshen up.
• In the evening, visit to the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda which towers over all of Yangon. The most sacred pagoda in Myanmar and one sight that no visitor should miss.
• A welcome dinner will be served at the hotel.
Overnight at Yangon
DAY 2: Yangon-Kyaiktiyo (B,L,D)
After breakfast at the hotel, explore downtown Yangon where the British colonial influence is still evident. The guided tour will start with a visit to Sule Pagoda, located at the heart of the city. The tour will also include a range of beautiful colonial style buildings, as well as the City Hall, a fine example of Myanmar architecture, and the
Independence Monument. Next, visit the National Museum to learn of the history of Myanmar.
• Break for lunch at a local fine dining restaurant.
• In the afternoon, get in the car and make your way to Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), the country’s major pilgrimage and most sacred sites. The gigantic rock is resting on the edge of a cliff. While the last part of the journey may seem arduous, once arrived on top of the mountain you will be rewarded instantly by a magnificent view of the enchanting mountain scenery.
• Check in to our hotel on top of the mountain and enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Overnight at Kyaiktiyo
DAY 3: Kyaiktiyo-Yangon (B,L,D)
This morning, wake early and take one of the trucks up to the top of the mountain, just in time for sunrise. A magnificent sight with the awe inspiring Golden Rock in the foreground. After many photo opportunities, descend the mountain just in time for breakfast at your hotel.
• Return to Yangon.
• Break for lunch at a local fine dining restaurant.
• In the evening, arrived to Yangon and shopping at Scott Market (Closed on Monday and public holiday) and then stop at a local restaurant for dinner and check in at the hotel.
Overnight at Yangon
DAY 4: Yangon - Bagan (B,L,D)
Hotel check-out and early morning flight to Bagan, home to thousands of Pagodas dating back to the 11th century and the jewel of this Golden Land.
• Upon arrival in Bagan, set off to some of the area’s highlights, including the golden Shwezigone Pagoda, Gupyaukgyi Pagoda, noted for its frescoes and stucco works, and Ananda Temple, a masterpiece of the Mon architecture.
• Following that, return to the hotel for a short break and lunch.
• In the afternoon, the guided exploration of Bagan continues with Dhammayangyi Pahto, the largest of Bagan’s temples as well as Thatbyinnhyu Temple and Manuha Temple. Admire the beautiful sunset from the summit of Shwesandaw Pagoda to round the day off.
• A horse-drawn cart will take you to dinner at a local restaurant with traditional Myanmar puppet show.
Overnight at Bagan
DAY 5: Bagan (B,L,D)
After breakfast, start the day with a visit to the vibrant morning market in Nyaung-U, catching a glimpse of local life and culture. Then, make a stop at a palm tree workshop- learn about collecting toddy (the juice of the palm tree) for making liquor, molasses
• For lunch, you may indulge in a meal hosted by a local family in their home. This is the perfect opportunity to interact with your host and to gain an insight into the country’s delightful customs and traditions.
• Aside from its impressive variety of Buddhist religious and cultural heritage, Bagan is also famous for its exquisitely decorated lacquer ware. The afternoon tour includes a visit to a lacquer ware shop in New Bagan - here you can watch artisans craft, paint
and engrave lovely cups, bowls and other accessories.
• Finally, end the day with a sunset cruise along the beautiful Ayeyarwaddy (Irrawaddy) River.
• Tonight, enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant in Bagan.
Overnight at Bagan
DAY 6: Bagan-Mandalay (B, L, D)
Hotel check-out and early morning flight to Mandalay. Upon arrival, transfer by car to Amarapura, located 11km south of Mandalay. Visit the famous U-Pein bridge, the world’s longest teak bridge. Next, proceed to Mahagandayone Monastery to catch a glimpse of the monastic way of life. Cross the Ayeyarwaddy River and head to Sagaing.
• Lunch at a local restaurant.
• Next head to Paper Toys Workshop. When we talk about Myanmar products, start with the attractive Myanmar toys. The traditional toys of Myanmar are mostly made of paper. Then proceed to the picturesque view of Sagaing Hill.
• In the evening, back to Mandalay.
• For dinner, will provide the fine dining restaurant in Mandalay.
Overnight at Mandalay
DAY 7: Mandalay (B,L,D)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will visit to Mahamuni Pagoda one of the most famous temples in Myanmar. Built in 1784 by King Bodawpaya, the temple also exhibits some influence from Hindu and Khmer ( Cambodia ) style. Next head to local handicraft shop
where Gold Leaf are produced, which you can see only in Mandalay.
• Lunch at a local restaurant.
• In the afternoon, continue your sightseeing tour in Mandalay - major highlights include Kuthodaw Pagoda, containing the world’s largest book and ShweNandaw Monastery, one of the finest examples of traditional Myanmar-style wooden monastery building in the country. End your day at Mandalay Hill to see the sunset.
• Dinner will be arranged for you at a local fine dining restaurant.
Overnight at Mandalay
DAY 8: Mandalay - Inle Lake (B,L,D)
Take an early morning flight to Heho (Inle Lake), transfer to the jetty where a boat is waiting for you to start a full day of sightseeing on the lake. This will include the famous leg-rowing fishermen, floating gardens and the villages on stilts. A stop will also be
made at Paung-Daw-Oo Pagoda, an important religious site in the Shan State.
• For lunch you have the unique opportunity to participate in a cooking class at a local family’s home. Learn how to prepare a traditional meal and then share lunch with your hosts.
• In the afternoon, visit traditional Shan style monastery Nga-Phe-Chaung and an Inntha village for tea and snacks. Next, visit a silk weaving workshop to watch the fascinating process of spinning and weaving lotus flowers into stunning products such as scarves
and shirts. The last stop for the day will take you to a silversmith workshop to watch artisans craft lovely pieces of jewelry.
• Your hotel on the lake will provide dinner for the evening.
Overnight at Inle
DAY 9: Inle Lake (B,L,D)
After breakfast, start the day with a boat ride to a local floating market. Next, transfer by boat to the jetty where a coach will be waiting to take you to Kakku Pagoda, a religious center of the Pa-O people, one of Myanmar’s many ethnic groups. A short break for tea and a snack will be made on the way.
• A delicious lunch will be arranged for you. Then, proceed to Red Mountain EstateVineyards and Winery in the hills of southern Shan state for a wine-tasting of locally grown wine. Return to the lake by coach.
• Upon return, you will be provided with canoes from the hotel to explore the lake at your own pace.
• Dinner will arranged at your hotel.
Overnight at Inle
DAY 10: Departure (B,L)
After breakfast, check out of your hotel. We then set out on our return journey to Yangon. Transfer to the airport for your onward or return flight.
Included in your tour:
- Expert services of local guides throughout your tour
- Airport transfers
- 9 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches & 9 Dinners
- Accommodation as listed
- Entrance fees at monuments and sightseeing as per itinerary
- Locally based professional driver and English speaking guides.
- Visit the Shwedagon Pagoda and explore downtown Yangon. Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock)
- Visit many ancient temples and pagodas to experience the religious and cultural heritage
- Ride in a horse drawn cart and enjoy a traditional puppet show
- Visit a palm tree workshop to learn about collecting toddy (the juice of the palm tree) for making liquor, molasses and oil
- Tour a lacquer ware shop in New Bagan - and watch artisans craft, paint
and engrave lovely cups, bowls and other accessories.
- A sunset cruise along the beautiful Ayeyarwaddy (Irrawaddy) River.
- Visit to a traditional paper toy workshop
- Full day of sightseeing on the Inle Lake. This will include the famous leg-rowing fishermen, floating gardens and the villages on stilts.
- Visit a silk weaving workshop
- Stop at a silversmith workshop to watch artisans craft lovely pieces of jewelry.
- Wine tasting of locally grown wine at the Red Mountain EstateVineyards and Winery in the hills of southern Shan state.
Contact us for the price
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any bookings unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall mean Tweet World Travel. These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with our consultants (in-store, over phone or by email); with your own travel agents, as well as online bookings you make on our website. Please make sure your travel agent or our consultant advise you of our terms and conditions.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND TWEET WORLD TRAVEL
The services of Tweet World Travel are offered to you on the condition of your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the Tweet World Travel constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the services of Tweet World Travel are offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the Tweet World Travel.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
Passenger names must be provided exactly as per passport at the time of booking. Any spelling corrections made after a deposit is paid must be sent in writing and will incur additional fees, including any ticket/voucher re-issue fees.
Tweet World Travel reserves the right to correct any errors in rates quoted or calculated, or any omissions made at any time during your booking. Any verbal quote given is an indication only of the final price and is subject to confirmation in writing.
Any booking within 65 days before departure will require payment in full when the booking is confirmed. The bookings may also incur additional fees including any applicable urgent visa processing fees. Bookings made less than 45 days prior to departure will incur a late booking fee of $60 per person and must be paid along with the final payment at the time of booking.
Please note that all Tours and Packages are subject to availability and all prices are set. Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking is made. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Credit Card Fee
The following Card Fees apply:
Visa Credit Card - 1.8% fee and MasterCard Credit Card - 1.76% fee applies.
American Express (Amex) - 2.8% fee applies.
For late payment or urgent bookings, please notify us via email at email@example.com
You will be required to pay deposit after booking confirmation:
- Private Tours or Group Tours is $500 Per Person
- Large Groups (more than 16 people) / School Tours is $800 Per Person
- Lands products and Visas is $300 Per Person
Any booking valued at or less than $1,000 must be paid in full amount after booking confirmation. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Receipt of Deposit
By sending a deposit the client agrees to be bound by the terms, conditions and responsibilities set forth in this booking. The client also agrees that:
- All persons are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen group tour as per the itinerary outlined in the Tours.
- All persons travelling on a Fully Independent Tour are fit and physically able to partake unaided in their chosen itinerary.
- All parties acknowledge the physical demands and hazards involved in the tour they will be undertaking and have chosen to participate at their own risk.
- All parties understand that any medical or dietary information provided to us does not, under any circumstances, make Tweet World Travel liable if a particular condition exacerbates while on tour or affects their ability to participate in any portion of the tour.
Balance of Payment
Outstanding balance depends on the type of service you are undertaking:
- For private tours/packages or other products, outstanding balance is due 65 days before departure. No voucher will be issued until final payment is received in our office. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 65, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- For large group tours and school tours, outstanding balance is due 90 days before departure. No voucher will be issued until final payment is received in our office. If the outstanding payment is not received by day 90, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
After bookings are deposited, any amendment has to be requested in writing and incurs $60 fee per person, plus any additional costs and administrative expenses incurred in arranging the alteration. Alterations will be made at our discretion and may not always be possible.
Cancellation by customer
Before the travel date the following fees will be apply:
|Private Tours or Group Tours/ Packages||Large Group Tours & School Tours
(More than 16 people)
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
Please refer to the airlines cancellation policies.
Cancellation by Tweet World Travel
For group set departure date tour, if the minimum number of the group is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or vary the tour 30 days prior to departure. If this event occurs, an alternative guaranteed travel date will be offered. Should these options not be acceptable Tweet World Travel will refund the full price paid, less visa cost.
If a tour is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure less visa cost, fuel surcharge and any other cancellation fees levied by airlines and other third parties.
If a cruise booking is cancelled or varied prior to departure due to unforeseeable circumstances such as, but not restricted to, severe weather conditions or force majeure, Tweet World Travel will refund all monies prior to departure.
Cancellation by Third Party Travel Provider
If the Third Part Travel Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, for example, if a Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will use our reasonable endeavors to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them. Please check with your consultant before cancelling or amending a Travel Product in these circumstances as some Third Party Travel Providers may charge cancellation fees up to 100% of the Travel Product’s prices as per their terms and conditions.
We act as an agent for, and sell various travel related products as agent on behalf of, numerous transports, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators, as well as all of our wholesalers. Our obligation to you is to make travel bookings as your agent on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers.
We have no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. All bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions, including conditions of carriage and limitations of liability, imposed by these service providers. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part, are not against us. Specifically, if for any reason any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted; your rights are against that provider and not against us.
Tweet World Travel (herewith called the Company) acts as a co‐ordinator for all persons taking these tours in the making of all arrangements for transportation, sightseeing and hotel accommodation. The Company does not own, manage, control or operate any transportation vehicle, any hotel or restaurant or any other supplier of services. All vouchers and tickets issued are subjected to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier and all services are subjected to the laws of the country where the services are provided.
Unforeseeable circumstances such as force majeure, adverse weather, flight rescheduling, hotel overbooking and faults with transportation or road conditions may also have an effect on the tour itinerary after the commencement date. Any decision made in respect of tour services by independent suppliers/operators or airlines to re-route or amend the itinerary due to any of the above or similar circumstances is at the discretion of the tour service provider and Tweet World Travel shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever arising from such events. We strongly urge all customers to undertake a high level of personal responsibility in order to ensure that possessions, equipment and personal documents are closely monitored and protected at all times. We also strongly advise all customers to purchase appropriate travel insurance to protect you from financial loss and personal injuries in the event of an emergency.
You acknowledge and agree that there are inherent risks involved in participating in the tour, including without limitation possible contact with native flora/fauna, local residents, unforeseen events and travel in remote locations.
By making a booking, you agree to accept all risks associated with the tour. You agree to unconditionally release us from, all liability, including without limitation in contract and in tort, for any cause or action, including any injury, damage, loss, cost, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly as a result of the inherent risks associated with the tour, or any force majeure events or other events which are beyond our control, including but not limited to war, civil disobedience, terrorism, insurrection, accident, explosion, sickness, fire, floods, severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government, alteration or cancellation of scheduled air services, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
If we or our service providers are affected in any way by a force majeure event, we may in our discretion vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour as we consider necessary, without incurring any liability to you.
Each service provider is responsible for the part of the tour it conducts. Service providers are not our agents or employees and are not under our direct control. We therefore do not warrant the performance of any service provider. We do not accept, and you release us from, all liability for any injury, loss, damage, costs or expenses, including without limitation any property damage or personal injury, that you may suffer which arises out of any act or omission of a service provider or operator who provides services in connection with your tour. Any claim that you may have in relation to a service provider should be raised directly with that service provider.
You are responsible for any injury, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising through your own fault. You agree to indemnify us against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, expenses and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and whether incurred by or awarded against us) as a result of, or arising in relation to, whether directly or indirectly, your participation in the tour or any act or omission by you in relation to the tour.
To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability in contract, or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over which we have no direct control.
Under circumstances where our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of us under applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law). This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
It is the travel agents’ responsibility to ensure that all invoice, itinerary details and documentation issued by Tweet World Travel are received and correct and that the customer is aware of amendment and cancellation conditions and other clauses in these Booking Terms & Conditions. Travel agents are also responsible to pass on Tweet World Travel’s Terms & Conditions by the time clients make the booking.
If your domestic and international flights are not arranged by Tweet World Travel, it is your responsibility to advise us your departure and arrival time, or any changes or delays you might encounter.
If you do not notify us in a timely manner, your arranged Airport Transfer Service is not responsible for any missed pick up in those circumstances. If you arrive on a delayed flight and miss your allocated pick up, you will need to make alternative arrangements at your own expense.
If no notification is received from you or your agent, your arranged Airport Transfer Service will pick you up as scheduled and attempt to wait for your scheduled arrival up to 2 hours. If your delay is longer than this waiting period you will have to make alternative arrangements at your own expense.
If you book our services through a travel consultant, make sure you collect your travel voucher and any other necessary documentations included (e.g. visa) 7 day prior to departure. You are responsible to check all details and documents are correct for your booking.
PASSPORTS & VISAS
All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and most countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine-readable passport. When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. It is important that you ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. It is your sole responsibility if any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not satisfying the requirements of those authorities.
If your visas are included in our package and we act on your behalf to apply for the visas, all necessary documents relating to your visa application will have to be provided to us at least 30 days before your departure. If you fail to provide the necessary documents before 30 days prior to your departure, we will not be held liable for your visa application. And the visa fee included in our package is not refundable in any circumstances.
If you still require us to assist with visa application in less than 30 days before your departure date, an additional fee will be required for urgent visa processing.
Please ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel, and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation may deny your entry into a country. We recommend that you consult with your local doctor or health specialist before commencing your travel. General health advice for the destination you wish to visit is also available from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Travel insurance is not included in your day tours, private tours, group tours, transfers, and any of our packages. For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance for your travel arrangements (without limitation) that include coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise, land content and airfare charges that may occur. We are an authorised representative of CoverMore Travel Insurance Services.
We can provide you with general information about the travel insurance options available to you. If you decline travel insurance, you will be required to sign an indemnity statement/disclaimer.
Travel documents include, but are not limited to, airline tickets, visas, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation being non-refundable, no-date changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees.
Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identify holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings.
When you book with Tweet World Travel, you agree that we may use images of you taken during the trip and any comments made in writing by you regarding the trip, without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium we choose.
If you do not want your images to be displayed, you have to advise us in writing at the time of booking, or when you collect your travel documents.
Tweet World Travel collects information about you (including health information where necessary) to process your travel arrangements, facilitate your participation in loyalty programs and conduct marketing activities and market research. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to make travel arrangements for you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, carriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to you.
If any dispute arises between you and Tweet World Travel, the laws of Australia will apply.
For enquiry call 1300 739 652 to talk with one of our travel consultant or fill out the form below. We will contact you soon.